Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The Harvesters of Flesh Set Forth

Greetings!

For my first post I thought I'd start of with my center piece of my army; the Keeper of Secrets. I had started this model originally for 40K about four years ago, and had decided to finally finish it for my first AoS army. I still have a ways to go, but wanted some feedback on it (and to show it off too...)









The base model is the Cygor/Ghorgon with most of the other bits being from the ogre, undead, and other miscellaneous Chaos models. I hadn't realized how much sculpting work there would be originally, but I'm really happy with how it's turning out. I think the Verminlord would make a much easier conversion, but that wasn't out at the time. 

I based the Keeper off the older versions. I like the bull-like look, though I do like the long tongue of the newer model. I wanted the armor to look eclectic and asymmetrical. It makes sense, while also being much more fun to sculpt. Not having to sculpt the same thing twice is also saving a lot of time.



The sword hilt is a good example of the "fleshy" metal that will be on the rest of the army.



 Close up of leg armor and belt straps. Not much coverage as defensive armor, but I doubt a Slannesh demon would chose practical armor over one that is atheistically pleasing.



Shot of the spiked legging. This leg is looking a bit thin compared to the left leg, so I'll probably bulk it up. I should have done the leg spikes last. They are making the Keeper very hard to hold!



The view of the back. The exposed spine is another motif of the army. I originally had just sculpted it on a whim, but wanted to incorporate it into the background of the Slannesh cult. So far I'm thinking they would have ritualistic mutilation surgeries in order to show their devotion to the Dark Prince while also enjoying all the pain accompanied from it. 

The corpse trophy on the left has the torso already painted since I scavenged it from a previous conversion. I've been reusing this bit for years. Haha, it finally has a home now.



Close up of the right shoulder pad. Another example of "fleshy" looking metal. It's kind of hard to see, but I also got to incorporate the mutilated corpse bit from the ogre butcher. It's another bit that I've had for a long time that is finally being used. My dad got it when the ogre butcher first came out and didn't want to use it since it's so grisly. Maybe it will intimidate him when we battle... (jk)



Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear any questions, comments, or critiques.

No comments:

Post a Comment